Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Date Night

So friday, I met Mitch down in Idaho Falls after he got off work so that we could do an actual date night. We thought that this will probably be one of the last times it will be just the two of so we took advantage. Normally our weekends consist of playing games friday night with Mitch's parents and then helping either Mitch's brother or cousin with remodels on their homes. This weekend his parents were out of town so went to this little restraunt downtown called the snake bite. I realize this is a strange name for a restraunt and not normally something we would pick but I read about it online and I really just wanted to do something different so we went and tried it out and sadly, there were no snakes slithering around the restraunt. But wow, I was really impressed. It was a little pricey for a burger and fries but very very delicious. I downed the whole thing, didn't leave one thing on my plate and it was no small plate. Then we went and walked around the river and took some pictures with our new camera. I really wanted to feed the ducks but we sort of forgot to bring anything to feed them with so obviously that didn't happen but I do love my new camera because you can zoom in forever.
The ducks in this picture were clear across the river and yet look how great of a picture I still got!



The beautiful scenery.




Yes, I even got Mitch to pose for a quick pic.

And I really didn't want to put this on but now everyone can see just how big I am getting. You know the girls you sometimes see around town and you think oh my goodness they are going to pop at any minute. Well that is now me. As we were walking back to the car we passed a building with the mirror glass all around the outside and I just was completely amazed at my stomach. I even did one of those double takes so I am sure that other people are thinking and doing the same thing as me which is fine because in just a few days (fingers crossed) we will be having this baby!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I'm glad you guys got in one "last" date night before the baby comes. And by the way, that's a dang cute picture of you Melanie.

We love feeding ducks. We feed them all kinds of things. Bread, of course. But we've also fed them a box of stale Kix, carrots, garlic, and one time Tyler made this Russian bread that was homemade bread, topped with mashed potatoes and garlic and deep fried. It didn't turn out very good. So we fed it to the ducks. They ate it. I wonder if any of them had indigestion after that?:)