Friday, September 19, 2008

What's in a name?

We've had a lot of people ask where we got the middle name Trelauny. Pretty much every time anyone asks what her name is then we have to explain where it came from. My sister was the best because she knew right away that it had to be something Mitch came up with and in fact it was. Trelauny is actually Jamaican name and since that is where Mitch served his mission we thought it would be fun to use. I have no idea what it means but it definitely fits her. She has that relaxin, easy-going personality. Well, at least as long as she isn't cold and her belly is full. If one of those needs is not met then we can get a little vocal about things. Here is what I mean about chillin.


How can you not love this little girl, okay maybe I am just a little bias because I am her mom but after 9 months of wondering what she was going to look like and have dreams, actually more like nightmares, of some alien space child this is not so bad!

We just really wish that she would do this a little more at night!


Later that night after taking the pictures of Addisyn, in walks her father like this.



He had just got home from a work dinner luau party and I think he took the dressing up to heart! What can I say, like father like daughter.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

I love her name. I think it flows really well. I was wondering where Trelauny came from, but I just figured it was a family name or something. That's cool that you got to use a Jamaican name. I'm trying to figure out how to use a Russian name that doesn't sound like a swear word and the poor kid would be able to pronounce.

We're so glad you're happy and healthy. I hope you're healing quickly. What a fun time to finally have your little one at home on the outside of your belly!:)

Kyra and Ben said...

It's nice you were able to incorporate Mitch's mission into the name. We thought about it but there really wasn't a "New Zealand" name that clicked. I'm glad she's laid back, and the sleeping part gets easier--after a couple months....

Bethany said...

She really is so cute!

Steve and Allison said...

i was thinking about harry potter and professor trelawney. SHE"S A DOLL!!