Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Eastern Idaho State Fair

Saturday, Mitch had to work down at the fair so I decided to tag along since I had absolutely nothing else to do and I had never been to this fair before. It was a really hot day and we had to park really far away which meant a lot of walking which normally I love because I get all my steps in for the day but it is just getting to be more challenging to do such simple things as walking so I just took lots of sitting breaks while Mitch was working. Sadly, we didn't go on any rides :( but we did get some free fair food because Mitch had a press pass and I tried for my first time ever a Tiger Ear which is a giant scone with cinnamon and sugar and honey butter, very delicious. We also saw lots of farm animals.
I took a picture of this goat because it looked just as uncomfortable as I was.




By the end of the day, I was completely exhausted and as you can see so were my feet. They were so filthy because of all the dirt and sweat and since it had been a hot day they were so swollen. It will be a great day when it actually looks like I have ankles again.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh, your poor feet!

Kyra and Ben said...

How'd you like the fair in good old Blackfoot? And I'm going to say congratulations if your little one has come or hang in there if she hasn't yet. It was so nice being able to hold the little child I'd been carrying and to look into his eyes and say all of the morning sickness, back aches and sleepless nights were so worth it. (By the way, you're in for a lot more sleepless nights)