Monday, September 22, 2008

Being Thankful

I got this idea from my sisters blog and I just thought of so many things that I was thankful for that I decided to do my own.

1. My Mom: Since I came home from the hospital, my mom has been with me. She not only helped tremendously with the baby so I could get some sleep and rest but she also deep cleaned every square inch of my house. When I say deep clean I mean it, she vaccumed the couch cushions, bleached the shower curtains, wiped and dusted everything, touched up the paint in my bathroom, finished sewing my baby curtain, and so much more. Needless to say I am completely grateful and am definitely going to miss having her around. Love you mom!

2. My sweet little baby: She is such a miracle to me. Sometimes I can't believe the instant bond that I have with her. I just look at her and cry because I am just so amazed at the blessing my Heavenly Father has given me. (I also realize that the crying is mostly just because of the emotional ups and downs caused by having and baby and breastfeeding) I just hope that I can be a good mom for her.

3. Of course I can't leave out my darling husband: He has been such a great help for me during this past week since we have been home from the hospital. In the middle of the night when the baby wakes up hungry, he is so good to get up and feed her or bring her to me so I can feed her. He is also now the master at changing diapers (he even changed her during the BYU football game which is really saying something). Not only is he great at taking care of the baby but also of me. I never have to ask more than once when I need something and he will get it done, plus he does it without complaining. AMAZING!!

4. Prayer: There have been a lot of times when I have doubted my abilities at being a good mom and wife but I know that there is always someone I can turn to who understands and can give the comfort and strength that I need at the time.

5. My camera: I know it may seem silly but really I think this is one of my most precious possessions right now. I am constantly taking pictures of sweet little moments that I can treasure forever. Since I have a really bad memory, I know that I will be forgetting a lot of the things that are happening right now so it is good to know that I will have the pictures to help with the memories.

6. Excercise: There isn't much i can do right now because the recovery process for a c-section is sooooooo slow but it still feels good to get out and walk around the block even when it takes me almost triple the time it used to take me because I have to go so slow. It is always amazing to me how excersise can just make stress and other things manageable.

(I have to add another one)
7. Sleep: There were quite a few nights at the beginning where I could not sleep that good. Either the baby was waking up to eat, I was getting up to use the bathroom or I was having hot flashes and night sweats that were keeping me up. Lately things have been much better because my body seems to be slowly getting back to normal or else I am just so exhausted at night that I don't notice as much. All I know is that in between feedings I am finally getting some good sleep which is VERY nice!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melanie! Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. She is absolutely beautiful! It is so good to hear from you. It sounds like your world is going perfectly right now. Hopefully, you can get some rest while your mom is there. You will definitely need it. Welcome to the world of no sleep. Oh... but it is so worth it!
Bracken

jamie said...

aren't you glad i sided with mitch on getting the new camera- hahah well i am glad you are finding time to get some sleep -i remember mom with me the first week or so and she would keep telling me to go and take a nap when gracie was sleeping and i would say no its okay i can handle it - hahahah - eventally i listened to her and then my head started to feel more normal -anyhow its nice that mom comes and helps -she is good that way -

lynn anderson said...

Thanks Melanie for the nice things you said about me the mom...really i loved being there and helping...thanks...P.S i/m sure you'd do the same for me someday...love ya mom