Friday, August 29, 2008

I have been waiting for my new camera for weeks and it finally showed up yesterday at 5:10. So now I can post pictures of our almost completed nursery! I say almost because really it is as far as we are going to get since we are just trying to sell the house and Mitch doesn't want to buy more stuff that may not fit in our next place. But don't worry I am always dreaming of new things to add. For example last weekend we stopped by a live broadcast remote the radio station was putting on in Rexburg and one of the stores was a baby store so I went in and they had the cutest idea which I am going to copy once we officially decide on a baby name. They had taken the wooden craft letters and decorated them so cute with ribbon and buttons and such. I wish I'd had my camera because they were really cute.
Back to the nursery...

I was so excited when I got the email saying our crib had arrived and was ready for pick up. Right when Mitch walked through the door after work, I made him hurry and change and we went and got it.

It only took us an hour or so to put it together and I was not disappointed. Truthfully when you buy something online you just never really know how it is going to look and if you will really like it but this I love!

It was really hard to get a good shot of the finished crib with bedding because the room is so small and I couldn't stand back far enough. Didn't all my hard work turn out so great! hahaha Truthfully the measurements for the comforter were way off because it was way to big so we had to tuck it down around the mattress but at least it wasn't too small.


Just some more pictures of the room. It is really hard to see the curtain because the light is shining in through the window but they really help to tie the room together. Now I just need to finish the other side.

This is to help me try and stay organized. I've never had a baby before so I'm not really sure what to put where so we will see after she is born exactly where things end up. My guess is they will just get set around on the shelf that goes around the room but this at least makes me look like I am trying. Now we just need the baby!!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Yay for cameras and almost finished nurseries. If I ever have a baby, I want you to help me design a nursery!

That baby is coming soon, but probably not soon enough for you. I was almost expecting a "She's here!" post:) Hang in there Melanie.

Anonymous said...

super cute and I love the colors! i cant believer youre having a baby... it seems like just yesterday you were having your first date! time flys... good luck!

jamie said...

i'm glad you took pictures of the babys room because i was going to call you and tell you to do it because it wanted to see the finished project-it looks really cute mel-it makes me want to paint gracies room so bad- i love the blue in the room it looks so good -and now hopefully you will have the baby

Geneve said...

I love your nursery! It is so cute! I love all the colors. That is going to be such a fun room for you and your baby. Do you want to come down and decorate my house? :) And thanks for commenting on my blog - I love comments! Have your baby soon!