Monday, September 8, 2008

A touch of personality

We have decided that our baby already takes after me and is very stubborn. So those of you who may have been wondering, yes, we are still waiting for our little baby to come into the world. I just hope that when she finally decides to grace us with her presence that she does it quickly. So here I am in all my beauty at the end of Sunday(when I was suppose to be in a hospital) at 40 weeks pregnant. As you can see the only clothes that are really comfortable anymore are Mitch's t-shirts so that is what I wear everyday. Thank goodness he is normally a little bigger than me (at the present moment I wouldn't say that) but I do try to wear his older shirts so that I don't stretch out the middle too much!

Another funny story, well I thought it was funny. Mitch and I were out shopping a few days ago and we were sort of in a hurry so he was driving around trying to find a parking spot and all that were left were quite a ways away. This normally is not a problem and we just park and walk because I enjoy it and know it is good for me. In fact one day I was giving Mitch a hard time about always finding the closest parking spot that he drove to the very farthest corner and parked and we walked. Anyways so he's driving around trying to find a spot and the very last one on the row by the handicap spots was a little red sign that said, "expectant mother parking". We've seen these signs before but since I like to walk we've never parked there but on this day we thought it was too crazy to pass up. Then I laughed because sometimes it is hard to tell if some woman are pregnant or just a little overweight but I turned to Mitch and told him that in our case it was only slightly obvious.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

I love that look on your face, like, "Come ON already!"

Yeah, we were gone yesterday at church and we were speculating if you'd be there or not:) But after we got home we saw you going for a walk and we were like, "Oh, she's still pregnant."

Kyra and Ben said...

She'll come, but I know it is hard to wait. Landon came a week earlier than expected which was great for me because I am not good at the waiting game. But I hear the longer the baby stays in the better she'll thrive on the outside.

Frances said...

That is so funny! and hey , you might as well take advantage of it while you can right? You look adorable, I hope you won't have to wait too much longer to see your sweet little girl!

aLi said...

Hey miss Mel. I love your blog! I can't believe you have a baby. She is beautiful!!! She is such a good mix between you 2!!! I found your blog from your facebook page. SO COOL!!!