Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The puppy pair

The Before:




Quite a few months ago, as in 6 or 7, Mitch and I decided to watch a movie late at night. Since I was pregnant at the time, I would blow up the air mattress and lay on it while watching because it was just a lot more comfortable to sprawl out and I had a tendency to fall asleep before the movie was actually finished. On this particular day it was no exception but this time I had already gotten ready for bed meaning I had taken my contacts out and put my glasses on. So when I was feeling myself drift into sleep I just put my glasses on the floor next to me. It just so happens that Mitch also fell asleep on the couch and so no one let the dog out for the night. As you may have guessed, the dog got bored in the middle of the night and decided to oh so kindly chew my glasses up. I couldn't get to mad at him because it was sort of my fault for leaving my glasses where he could get them.
From then on, I would just wear Mitch's glasses because they are pretty close to the same prescription as mine. Well the next weekend, the same thing happened but this time the dog completely destroyed Mitch's glasses. I felt terrible because there was no way that they could be saved. So I go back to wearing my old pair even though the part that goes over your ear was completely chewed up, the nose guards were gone, and the frame around the lenses was bent out of place. They were at least wearable but only for a short amount of time. When I would wear them for too long then they would start giving me a scab at the top of my nose.
Well, Mitch finally ran out of contacts and so he went in to get a check up and decided it was also time to get new glasses (happy birthday a few weeks early). In the mean time, my glasses have now lost the screw that holds the lenses in place and so I ask if he will take my glasses in when he goes to pick up his new contacts and glasses. Needless to say, he really didn't want to because it was sort of embarrassing because they really did look horrible. Being the good husband that he is, he finally agrees and a little while later he shows up with my brand new glasses! Well okay they are the same pair but they feel like brand new because everything that was wrong was now fixed. He laughed and told me that when he took them in, the ladies behind the counter keep asking about the puppy pair and laughing because they couldn't believe how awful they were. They were definitely miracle workers and all I have to say is thank you Rexburg Vision Center, I can now wear my glasses anytime I want and no longer get a scab on my nose or have the lenses fall out when I bend over!

And After:

Can you believe the difference! And they did it all for free! And yes, I realize I just told a very long story about my glasses but seriously this was a big moment for me!!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Hey, I wrote an entire post about contacts. And that wasn't as interesting as a dog chewing up my glasses!:) That is so fun that you got "new" classes, and that you can finally wear them without scabbing over.

Steve and Allison said...

yahoo!! new glasses. did steve help you with them?