Saturday, January 29, 2011

What do you do to help get through the winter?

Winter for us lasts a very long time.  Sometimes it takes quite a bit of creativity to stay busy inside while having fun (hence the previous post of juggling oranges).  I include 'while having fun' because the winter is when I start going through closets and dejunking and cleaning everything, but that doesn't really count as fun.  So for fun we like to have friends over and play games and such. On this day we had pizza and frosted cookies for FHE.  It was great fun even when Mitch turned it into a competition to have the best frosted cookie!  Of which I'm still not sure who won?



Other times when it is just Addy and I, we spend lots of time coloring, and running to the bathroom, reading, and running to the bathroom, playing "Let's Go Fishing", and running to the bathroom, creating things with playdough, and running to the bathroom, and watching "Despicable Me" or sometimes Mickey Mouse Playhouse.  
   
One evening while I was preparing dinner (like the good little wife that I am..hehe), Addy built this tower all by herself.  In case you can't tell from the picture, she was so proud!!

We are always looking for new suggestions/ideas to keep us busy and having fun.  So feel free to share!

3 comments:

Kimi said...

Hi Melanie, visiting your blog from Deborah's blog :) Here's a blog one of my friends suggested (we also have super long winters).

http://toddlerapproved.blogspot.com/

Hope it helps!

Bethany Rice said...

We need to get together and just let the kiddos play while we chat.

Deborah said...

I am 99.99% positive I won that cookie decorating contest. But I could be mistaken. :)