Monday, February 7, 2011

Before and Nows

For the past little while, I've(we've) been going through the house and doing a lot of junking and reorganizing. Well in this process, I came across an old memory card so I put it in my camera and found all these pictures of what our house looked like when we first bought it. It was pure excitement because a couple of years ago I was looking for these pictures and could not find them anywhere. I was super bummed because we have put quite a bit of work into making this house our own and I wanted to be able to see the differences. So hooray!!! now I can and of course I have to share so here are a few of the rooms in our house.

Our Living Room:


BEFORE

NOW
Although it is hard to tell, we repainted everything; walls, ceiling and trim. Then updated the ceiling fan. I didn't call this picture an after picture because I still have some things I want to do such as curtains/drapes for my bay windows, and that rectangular mirror I want to replace it with two circular mirrors (one big and one small) to fit with the design of my pillow. So these are what I call my now pictures!

Our Kitchen:

BEFORE

NOW

This has for sure been the biggest change. We took out the cabinets hanging above the bar and replaced it with the single one on the wall. Repainted everything. Replaced the hardware on the cabinets and the light fixture above the sink. Put in new appliances (including the microwave) and a new sink and faucet. Oh and we got new blinds! Like I said this was were we did the most updating but I just LOVE it because it just feels brighter and cleaner!!
Our Dining Room:

BEFORE

NOW

This room was probably the first to be painted because I really did not enjoy the mustard yellow color. It just wasn't for me. We also changed the light fixture and put in new face plates on all the outlets (we did this through the whole house because lots of them were covered in old paint) and changed the door knobs and hinges from gold to silver. And thanks to our flood, we got new tile which was another great improvement!

Our Bedroom:

BEFORE

NOW


It was really hard to get a good picture of our room because of the layout so I just took a couple pictures of my newly purchased early birthday presents from IKEA!! I just love my vase and twigs for some reason they just make me happy. We had an old night stand that used to be what held our fish tank...yes I hated it but it worked for awhile. Now I have these cute shelves on both sides of the bed. You can also see our gray walls and if you look in the mirror on the first picture you can see how the paint color changes at the top of the wall and our ceiling fan that is a must in the summer because the room gets so hot! All that I want to update in this room is the carpet but that probably won't ever happen.

That is all for now. Maybe one day I will show pictures of our basement but right not it is too dirty to take pictures of it!!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Wow!!! You put SO much work into your house! I looked good before, but it looks amazing now! I love those little shelves on the side of you bed. You've got to love Ikea.

Elise said...

I don't think that mustard color is for ANYONE! That is probably why the previous family moved :). You have fabulous tase, by the way! Have I ever actually verbalized that... or just thought it?