Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas 2010

We had such a fun Christmas this year and part of that was because Addy was finally old enough to understand a little bit about Santa bringing presents but not so much that I couldn't buy her presents right in front of her.  I'm sure next year I will have to be much more sneaky!

Playing with the toys from their stockings.  Gracie made sure that Santa had eaten his cookies and milk!
You get some crazy faces when it is early in the morning....



These are two of the cutest girls on the planet!

Getting shots of whip cream for breakfast!

It is tradition in my family to sing for Santa and sit on his lap before we can open any presents from under the tree. 


Addy restin up for opening gifts! I think she was woken up a little early :)

This year, I crocheted hats for everyone in my family.  It was great fun but I still have to finish Jaquels, I ran out of yarn right at the end of making her hat (of course) and it was christmas eve so I didn't feel like running to the store.  Overall, I thought they turned out pretty good. 

Mitch really spoiled me this year...I got a really nice Kitchen Aid, lots of cake pans and cake decorating books because I really want to get into that as my next hobby (anyone want to take a class?), and a ipod dock.  I got him a new watch, jazz tickets, a game called Redneck Life (very fun) and some new shirts and movies.  It was a very good christmas!!

Addy getting ready to open her special present from us...

She was so happy it was just too cute.  I wish we would've taken video of her reaction because she let out a little happy gasp and then started playing.

I think we picked good!  She loves it and still plays with it and makes me food. Her favorite part is when you put the pots and pans on the stove top, they make boiling and sizzling sounds. My dad was impressed because she even tried to crack the eggs!  I think she was watched her own dad make breakfast a time or two!

The rest of the day was spent playing games and watching movies! Then the next morning we packed everything back into the car and headed up to Idaho to spend a little time with Mitch's side of the family before our week in Island Park!

2 comments:

Kyra and Ben said...

So cute. I love the whip cream shots! That's a way to keep them going the rest of the day:) I think you'll be great at decorating cakes--I wish I had the patience to do something like that. Good luck and have a great 2011!

aLi said...

My fave picture is of Mitch sitting on your dad's lap! Oh my gosh I just laugh thinking about it. You and your family is so much fun. I love y'all.
Congrats to Alex!!! :)
And the hats you crochet are so flippin cute. I would buy one. :)