Monday, January 24, 2011

We're in Training

You may have guessed from the title but this little lady is potty training!  All things considered she is doing pretty good.  I think I went into this expecting the worst and thought I was going to be constantly cleaning up potty accidents all over the house.  Thankfully it hasn't been that bad, of course she isn't perfect and still has accidents every now and then but overall I am very impressed with how quickly she has caught on.  It might help that she knows she will get a "tweeeeet"  and sticker after so it gives her a little incentive to tell us when she needs to go.
 
It is extremely difficult to get a normal smile from this crazy head but trust me she has beautiful big brown eyes!

As for Mitch, well he is in training for the circus!


His juggling skills could use a little work ;) It's why I gave him 8 months notice! 


For Addy's birthday this year, I want to do a circus theme (I realize it is still a ways off but there is nothing wrong with planning ahead!). So I told Mitch he was going to be the designated clown so he better practice up.  One evening he took me seriously and him and Addy put on quite a great show!   

You might ask what am I in training for?  And this is your answer. I might just die along the side of the road somewhere between those 190 miles but that is also what I thought back here but I survived.  Once again I plan on completing something that I think is VERY HARD but it should also be quite fun and rewarding! Wish me luck and feel free to be my running buddy anytime!

3 comments:

Katie Trenerowski said...

Mel -

That is so exciting! I am super jealous that you are going to run that race! Who are you doing it with? What leg runner are you? Do you need more "participants" to sign up with you? Let me know... Me & Michal would jump all over that opportunity! If not, maybe I'll have to take a vaca to Jackson Hole that weekend to cheer you on!

Deborah said...

This post was very creative. I wish you all luck with your training. And I am especially impressed with you! The other day I was on the treadmill (I walk) and thought, "I'm going to run a little and see if I can do it." By a "little" I mean very little. I think I ran for 4 minutes and then thought I was going to die. Literally. I think I have to stick to walking. Sorry. If you ever want someone to ride a bike or drive a car next to you while you run, I'm your girl. But first I have to get a bike that's not stationary...

Mí rincón ecológico said...

very creative, cute!!!