Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cousin Week

While Gracie was here for a week in September, we did lots of fun things. We went to the zoo on the busiest day of the year because it was free!! Sadly I left my camera in the car so we didn't take any pictures of that.

One evening we took the kids to feed the ducks. I am always amazed at how quickly the ducks gather when they see bread being thrown.


I tried to get a picture of both girls in the tree but that didn't work because they both wanted to sit in the same spot. I quickly learned that things had to be even between them. This is a cute picture of Gracie and notice the feather that she found and carried everywhere!

We spent many hours at the park. They would either ride their bikes to the little park by our house or they would ride in the stroller to the big park. I was really happy that the weather stayed nice all week so that we could get out and let them work off their energy.


On this occasion, even Mitch was feeling the kid spirit!

They had fun dressing up. Although Gracie was quite disappointed when she found out I didn't really have dress ups like at her house.


One afternoon we made princess hats. Apparently, Addy thought the markers tasted pretty good!


I think the highlight of the whole week, at least for Gracie, was riding the horses. They both were very brave and rode all by themselves. Although Addy had to go first to show Gracie that it really wasn't too scary.

(Jamie- this might be why she wanted to be a cowgirl for halloween!)

It was such a fun week and Addy still asks me on occasion where Gracie is. We will definitely have to make this a yearly tradition!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

It kind of looked like Gracie tasted a maker too :).

How fun! You did a lot to entertain those girls, I bet you were so exhausted. Where did you ride horses at? I loved Addy's picture. Her legs are almost not even long enough to fit in the saddle! Cutie pie.