Thursday, October 21, 2010

It was a HOOT!!

Last Saturday, my neighbor and I threw a baby shower for one of our friends. I did some searching online (its where all the great ideas are!) and found myself drawn to the darling little owl things I was finding so that ended up being our theme.

I realize this is a horrible picture of me but it is the only one I got.

We played 'whooose the baby' and had everyone bring a baby picture of themselves and then we'd guess who the baby was.


Another fun game was digging in a bowl of rice for safety pins. It was way harder than it sounds.


Then we played the messy diaper game. Apparently the key is to taste the chocolate???


We really confused this little girl. I think she went home thinking all babies poop chocolate!

And the whole reason you have a baby shower so you can shower the mother to be with gifts, and she was!


These were part of my gift, I think they turned out so cute.

Check out these awesome cupcakes we made. I found the idea online which was one of the reasons I went with the owl theme.

These were another reason:

I was really happy with how it all came together considering it was my first time being the host of a baby shower. Hopefully people had a hoot!!! And if anyone else wants to throw a owl theme baby shower, just let me know I have some cute stuff!

3 comments:

aLi said...

Mel, I love it! Those cupcakes are adorable, I bet it took forever to assemble them. :)

Deborah said...

Who was your photographer? Man. They are super talented. For real. :D Just kidding. But speaking of talent, you are seriously talented. I know I told you this a million times, but you have a gift for seeing something and bringing it to life.

And by the way, that is a great picture of you!!

jolyn said...

You guys have so much fun. love the halloween costumes, they are a hoot!