Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Annual Halloween Party

It is that time of year again and as you can see,
we went all out!


I had so much fun sewing and putting these costumes together. There were a few stressful moments especially when my dress ended up being ginormous on me, but I kept telling myself they were just costumes so it really didn't matter how they fit or if they turned out perfectly. Thankfully, my mom came to the rescue Saturday afternoon and fixed mine so it fit much better.

As you can see, Mitch acted his character perfectly! I tried to be an onery queen but all i said was 'off with your head' lots but I just sounded wierd.


The Cox Crew

My favorites were the Avatar, Medusa and the little Princess!

The Anderson Gang

Obviously, we were my favorite but let's be honest, we all look great!

The biggest surprise of the night was my dad. Normally, he doesn't dress up so that those who don't come in a costume 'don't feel bad' at least that is what he always said. Well this year, he really shocked us when he had two costumes! We all got a good laugh with his Scottish man.





Donuts on a String





This is also a great tradition. We always break up into kids, men and women. I even put a donut on a string for Addy but she was very hesitant to eat it! It really made me laugh because she just stood there looking at everyone else. By the time she finally took a bite, someone else had already won so I just took the string off and gave her the donut and she downed it!

The best part of the whole night was that we won the
Best Costume Trophy!!

Okay it wasn't really the best part of the night and it might have had something to do with the fact that Mitch told everyone I would go home in tears if we didn't win- which wasn't true- but we still won!

5 comments:

Deborah said...

So who won?!!!! I've been dying to hear but I didn't know when you got back to town!

And seriously, you guys look amazing! I can't wait to see it at the trunk-or-treat. (I don't know if you got a flyer because you were out of town, but it's Saturday at 5). You did a fantastic job on all three costumes!

The Clews Crew said...

Your costumes are so great! Seriously, I am in awe. I would not have the skills or the patience to make those. I wish we could have made it to the party, looked like so much fun.

Mary Ann said...

AAhhhh, we hate missing this party. And since you drove way further than we would have to, we now have no excuse. Awesome costumes, your dad looks great. I guess he had 15 years to make up for!

Kyra and Ben said...

You totally deserve the trophy. Great idea and amazing sewing talent! You are one busy mama!

Deborah said...

Disclaimer: I asked who won before you posted the results. Can you tell I was just really excited to know? :)