Thursday, November 4, 2010

More Halloween Fun

For those who don't know, I LOVE Halloween. It is one of my favorite holidays and it was even more so this year because Addy was finally old enough to take around and enjoy some fun activities.

One such activity was the city trunk or treat at the local gym. It was so fun because they had lots of different booths and activities set up for the kids. Addy got her fingernails painted (which she sat amazingly still for-I couldn't believe it!) , went fishing for prizes, got her picture taken, did the cake walk and got lots of candy.


We also went to Boo at the Zoo. I didn't get very many pictures because it was packed and I was by myself with Addy but it was still lots of fun to see the zoo with all the lights and halloween decorations.


They even had a straw maze for the little kids and Addy led us all the way through without getting lost!


On Saturday, we carved pumpkins with some friends in the afternoon. We kinda waited a little late getting one of our pumpkins so they only had really big ones left at the store and I broke three carving knives while creating my Frankenstein.

Later we got all dressed up and went to our neighborhood trunk or treat. Everyone loved our costumes accept a few little kids that didn't even want candy from me, they just quickly walked past and didn't even want to look at me!


Once it got dark, we took Addy around to a couple of houses in the neighborhood. I was amazed at how many houses had their lights off, things are way different from when I was a kid. It was still fun and I'm already thinking of fun costume ideas for next year :)




Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you are still enjoying the candy as much as we are!!

4 comments:

The Clews Crew said...

Halloween is so much fun when the kids get a little older and can enjoy it. Addi is the cutest Alice ever. I love all your costumes! Glad you guys had a good Halloween. We missed seeing you when you were down for the party. (Oh, and I like your blog background ;) I picked the same one, haha.)

Deborah said...

You are so fun to be around because I hate Halloween. You remind me of why it's fun. You and I should have gone to Boo at the Zoo together. I REALLY wanted to go, but hey. Next year maybe. :)

I didn't know some of the kids were scared of you at the trunk-or-treat! That's funny.

I like your yellow and gray sweater. Very cute!

Kyra and Ben said...

I think Addi is going to grow up LOVING Halloween. It looked like you did a lot of festivities. I can't believe she would sit still for you to paint her nails--Amazing! And FYI, I got Katelyn's pumpkin costume at Wal-Mart (how original, right?) But I thought if we do ever have another child they can be a pumpkin too:)

jolyn said...

Love your blog and your cute pumpkin with the scar