Monday, October 13, 2008

Sunday at our house

First of all we wake up to this:


Ugh! Where did fall go?


Then Mitch heads off to meetings while the girls get ready. It is amazing at just how long it can sometimes take between baths, naps, eating, diaper changes, pictures (mom loves the camera) etc. I don't know how families with multiple kids get anywhere.







Then off to church we go.


Come home and I am really excited to try something new. I learned to never try a new recipe on fast sunday. This is what it looked like and really it didn't taste much better. Mitch finished a small bowl but I could only get down a few bites, the texture was just nasty. Needless to say, I am really glad we didn't invite any of the neighbors over for dinner!






Later we are still hungry so we decide to make something real healthy...cookies. We get started and soon realize we have no brown sugar. Oh well, we will just use a substitute, wait..we have no molasses for the substitute I guess we will just use white sugar. Continue making the dough and we run out of salt, vanilla, and butter (had to do half shortening). Finish mixing the dough, do a taste test and turns out they weren't so bad just a little different tasting but not too awful. Cook the cookies and they come out of the oven looking just like sugar cookies just with chocolate chips, I wonder why? We only made half the cookies we normally do and threw the rest of the dough in the trash. Then we went to bed hungry, I wasn't about to try anything else.





ADDY UPDATE:


Addisyn is now one month old and slept for just over 6 hours last night! Yippee. I really hope that it continues. She is just growing, growing and growing. She can now: follow sound with her eyes, recognizes both her mom and dad's voice, tries to focus on close faces and goes cross-eyed which freaks her dad out, can almost do the airplane on her belly, uses her legs A LOT more. I get kicked all the time and sometimes she will push up into the standing position and stay there for a few seconds before she collapses. I am sure there are tonz more things but those are the major ones. It is so much fun to watch her develop and see her little personality coming through more and more. I can't wait to see what will happen in month two! Hopefully more sleep!

4 comments:

aLi said...

Mel she is just SO cute!!! I love how her tights were huge on her!!! haha!
What the heck was that for dinner??? Broccoli cheese soup? That was all I could think of. That was too bad you guys went to bed hungry despite all your desperate attempts for a good dinner and dessert. If I were your neighbor you could have called me for at least the ingredients! haha, that is so funny!
Just wait, this first year will FLY by so fast. Amelia is already rolling around. It seems like I just found out I was pregnant with her!
Mel you look beautiful as a mother!

Deborah said...

You should have called us, we would have brought you brown sugar, butter, eggs, or heck, we could have just made you some cookies and brought them over!:)

What exactly was that that you made? I could guess, but I have no idea!:) I hate when new recipes go bust. It always makes me kind of gun shy to try something else.

I can't believe Addy's a month old already! Oh my gosh. I was pretty sure it'd only been two weeks or something:) She is really cute and just gets cuter every day.

jamie said...

mel that meal looked DISGUSTING- which suprisingly made me feel better-although i am sure mitch didnt think so-anyhow it made me feel good that occassionally you make a mess of dinner too- hahah probably not as often as you
anyhow i am super excited that you are coming down next week-yesterday gracie and i looked at all the pictures of addy and at first she would only say my baby but then i finally got her so that she was saying my addy everytime she saw addy-anyhow can't wait to see addy and then you-probably in that order hahah

Melanie said...

That was our first experiment with broccoli cheese soup! I should've known it wasn't going to be that good when it also called for carrots. One of Mitch's co-workers saw the pictures or heard the story and gave him a new recipe to try but I think it will have to wait awhile for this to pass.