Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Trillion-bizillion


Okay, lest all of our faithful readers begin to think that I have abandoned Melanie and left her to do all of the posting, I feel I should write a post. Those of you who know me know that I thoroughly enjoy sports. Especially pretending that I am the "Heman of the hardwood" (which I'm not). Recently, as in about 6 or 7 weeks ago, we transplanted the Basketball hoop from my Parents house in Idaho Falls to our house here. This of course was so that I could really sharpen my NBA skills in case the opportunity for a try-out ever presented itself. Needless to say I am still waiting for the NBA scouts to come knocking on the door. However, last night Melanie and I went out for a little "ballin'" and all of the sudden out of nowhere 4 neighborhood kids wanted to join in. Now I know your thinking "what's the problem Mitch?" Well relly there wasn't any except in order for them to participate we had to lower the hoop to six feet. Once that was done it was hard to even get the ball from the little rascals. I ended up being the referee for their game of "PIG" and Mel played the role of cheerleader. It actually turned out to be be quite funny watching these 8 year olds talk smack to each other about how they "owned the court". Technically that would be my line wouldn't it? I mean I pay the mortgage right? Anyway, we all had a great time and I even got the ball a few times. At this point I got to shoot a bit, and as guys tend to be we started making friendly wagers. You know the "if I make this shot you owe me a soda" kind of bet. I had forgotten how the imaginations of 8 year olds works. When the night ended (early cause it was a school night - Melanie made me go in)I think I ended up owing them 14 sodas, 27 ice creams, 500 trillion-bizillion dollars and the huge-est mansion in the universe. So much for staying out of debt eh? If any of you readers know how I can get any of these items listed please post a comment. Until then I have to head out to the court for a quick game of double or nothing. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Haha, that was cheesy.

-Mitch (a.k.a. Heman)

p.s. - If any of you are NBA scouts.... I'm ready!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Wow Mitch. I'm impressed that you actually post. I think you ought to have a heart-to-heart, man-to-man, mano-y-mano with Tyler about that.

I bet Melanie was an awesome cheerleader.

ps. sorry I'm not an NBA scout.