Monday, August 25, 2008

Learning patience


Well I had another doctors appointment this morning and I was really excited because lately I feel like my baby has been dropping. Which means that she is really crushing my bladder which I didn't think could get much worse. Anyways so I was really hoping that he would tell me to head to the hospital, okay so maybe a little extreme, but I was hoping for a things are coming along great and maybe we should plan on an early delivery. Instead, my favorite doctor, who also happens to be on call this week which is another reason why I wanted my baby to come early, tells me that I shouldn't have any problems going to the state fair on Saturday (which was one of the things that I had asked earlier in hopes that he would tell me that I shouldn't be too far from the hospital). He did try to lift my spirits somewhat by saying it is my first one and so it is hard to predict what will happen but the chances are pretty slim that anything will happen this week. I guess that does give some time for my camera, which we ordered several weeks ago to make sure it was here in time for the baby, to get here. I really do feel like all I do is wait and wait and wait but I do believe that the payoff from waiting will definately be worth it!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Wow, that's a tough one. My sister-in-law went into labor while vacuuming. Just don't jump on a trampoline or go four-wheeling to induce labor. And I hope for your sake that she isn't two weeks late like I was. I'm only now beginning to understand the pain I must have caused my poor mother.

jamie said...

I'm sorry mel-that stinks -well i guess you can have fun at the state fair as long as you find out where all the closest bathrooms are at - mom will probably be happy though because now she can go to school for a while--so since the baby dropped a little are you waddling around now-m

Melanie said...

Not to much waddling yet but I do have to stay close to a bathroom!