Monday, June 6, 2011

Grandpa's Shirt

After Mitch's dad passed away, all the brothers were going through some of his clothes.  A couple of shirts were too big for any of them so I took them thinking one day I could make something with them. Well I was browsing online one day and came across this tutorial.
I thought it looked cute and not to difficult so I tried it out and wa la- 

a cute little summer dress!  


I didn't put the casing around the middle because I just couldn't get it to line up good with the way the buttons were positioned. I still think it turned out great and looks stinkin' cute on this crazy gal.  The best part is she will always have something of grandpa's!

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh my gosh! That is SO adorable, Melanie! You are amazing. Even without the sentimental value, that's such a cute dress. The fact that it's Grandpa's shirt though, will always make it super special.

The LurkFam said...

Melanie, I saw your little lady wearing this on Sunday and thought how cute she looked. Who knew her momma made it from a memory shirt. Too tender!

Katie Trenerowski said...

Mel - um... can I say that after seeing this post two things happened.
1. I wanted a little girl RIGHT away.
2. I became a pack rat & decided that any shirt from now on that michal throws away that I must obsessively keep.
I am so so so impressed with your sewing skills (and ability to find these projects online). I wish I could sit down with you for a day and you could show me where you find all of these neat treasures.
Thank you thank you thank you for sharing this post! I absolutely LOVED it!

jamie said...

i love it - and i love that website - i found one where she turned an old t-shirt into a shirt that i want to try- but i love addys face she obviously loves it!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute Melanie!!! I wouldn't even know where to begin with something like that :)