Monday, June 20, 2011

Family Night

Lately, we have been trying really hard to have family home evening each week.  A few weeks ago we had a lesson on our family tree and Addy cut out pictures of people in her family and put them on her tree.  After the lesson we walked to DQ for an ice cream.  While we were there I realized this was probably Addy's first ever ice cream cone (where she wasn't just sharing with one of us)! So we took some pictures to document. I know I'm kinda weird like that.



On Memorial Day, we went minature golfing with some neighbors and then had a BBQ even though it was raining.  Mitch was a trooper and drug the grill over close to the back door so he wouldn't have to stand out in the rain while flippin burgers!



After dinner, we had a lesson on moroni and his title of liberty.  Then we each made our own family flags
Up until recently, I never really thought FHE was really that big of a deal for us because Addy is still little. I now realize that was a terrible attitude because she really is learning and picking up on things as we teach different principles. We always keep it pretty short and we try to include some sort of activity to make it as fun as possible but we've been counseled by prophets to make it a high priority so we are trying. And strangely, I almost look forward to it each week. I think maybe tonight we will learn the importance of hard work and get the yard cleaned up and the garden weeded!!! 



1 comment:

Deborah said...

That's a good milestone for you guys, because now you can finally have your own dessert again! ;)

This is a great reminder for me about family night. Seth isn't that much younger than Addy! We've done FHE off and on for the last month. Now when we sit down to sing a song, Seth will sit quietly and then fold his arms for prayers. It's like pulling teeth to get him to fold his arms at meal times! So I think they are very capable at learning so young. Thanks for the reminder.

And by the way, DQ sounds SO good right now, I think I'll have ice cream for lunch.