Tuesday, June 21, 2011

That's My Kid

Sometimes I really get worried when I see some of my not so great characteristics/qualities in Addy.  For example this morning as I was tidying up the house, she came in and asked for a bandaid. Not surprising because we are putting a new bandaid on every day.  Since I was in the middle of something, I told her to wait a few minutes.  Well the next thing I know, she has climbed up on the bathroom counter, pulled out the bandaids and is choosing the color she wants.  This is when I walk in (with the camera!) and she promptly tells me "I do it mineself". 

Really I didn't think she would actually be able to do it herself, but she totally did.  She even threw the garbage away when she was done. I guess you should never underestimate a two year olds determination!
 


So proud of herself!

Truth be told, this just reminds me of myself.  When someone tells me I can't do something or even just to wait a little while, it makes me just say fine "I do it mineself". Like last night when Mitch told me not to carry the bags of cement into the backyard because they were too heavy, of course I had to carry some.  And yes they were heavy; but they weren't too heavy!! 
 

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Way to go Addy! And I hope she is just like you. You're amazing.