Monday, May 16, 2011

At the Beach



We just got back a few days ago from a super-duper-fun-filled week in California. We left late Thursday night and drove all through the night so the kiddo's could sleep hence making the drive easier on us adults.  It worked out perfectly and we arrived in Anaheim just in time for a breakfast stop and then we went straight to the beach.  The day started out pretty cloudy and cold but ended up being a very beautiful day and I finally got some color back into my skin. 

Since it was so cold, we left the swimsuits in the car and just wandered and played around the shore.

Here they are digging for seashells.  


Then the kids started to feel brave and decided to test out the water. 


And even though the water was freezing cold, this crazy gal just couldn't resist and the pants started to get a little too wet. So we went back to the car and changed into our swimming clothes. 

We took a little break from playing in the water to build sandcastles. Although we ended up moving it closer to the water to get better sand, but then it just got destroyed before I could even get a picture of it. 

The boys were a little tired from driving through the night so they took a little snooze on the beach.

As you can see, Addy (and me) loved playing in the waves as they splashed up on the shore.  One time, I held her and we went out pretty deep to where the waves first started to crash over. She loved it until it got too cold and she was shivering uncontrollably. 


The rest of the afternoon was spent running back and forth between the towel to get warm and playing a few minutes in the water.  I was just happy knowing she could probably be a beach bum like me because that means we will just have to take a few more trips to the beach as she gets older!!
 
The next couple of days we spent running around in Disneyland!!!  
Pictures will be coming soon.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

That is so fun! I was super jealous (in a really good way) that you guys got to go to CA and do all that fun stuff:) I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

And as a follow up to your comment, um, yeah, it was sunbeams. Ok, sunbeams as a whole were fine. There was one particular sunbeam that made my life miserable, and I finally got so frustrated with her laying under the chairs screaming during singing time, that I dug her out and hauled her off. Well, I'm not supposed to lift, so then I was mad at myself for not asking for help. It was just hectic, and I think it'll get better. I hope it'll get better...

Kyra and Ben said...

Fun. Fun. Fun. Ben heads to San Diego this weekend for a conference and I really wish we could go with him--especially seeing your pics. And you and Jamie look great in swimsuits! I don't think you'll ever see a picture of me in a swimsuit on my blog:)