Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day One of Disneyland!!!

Beware this is a really long post full of LOTS of pictures (and this is only day one!)

I have been so excited to take Addy to see Mickey for awhile.  This trip was actually scheduled for a month or so ago but because of Mitch's dad passing away, we postponed it.  Which just gave us another month to get even more excited

We chose a hotel with a free breakfast which was so nice. This was the bright and early on the first morning because the park opened at 7! Luckily with the time change it didn't feel that early.  All of us couldn't wait to get started! 

Waiting to get our tickets from the will call. I just love this picture of us :)
This was also the same day as the Pirates movie world premiere. So they had stadium seating all along main street and people were waiting all day to see the stars. It was kinda crazy but it made the ride lines not so long!
Our first ride for the day was Buzz Lightyear.  I thought Addy would like it because she loves Toy Story.  I was wrong, it was dark and loud and a little scary for her. I asked her if she wanted to do it again and she told me no. Opps.
Then we ran into Pluto which made things better. 
I love the Peter Pan ride. Since we've been home, Addy has watched the movie a couple of times and it is now her new favorite! She runs around the house 'flying'.
"The horsies" is what Addy called the carousel. And it was one of her favorites.
Think she was strong enough?
All of them together weren't strong enough!
Snow White's Scary Adventures. Yeah I totally get why Addy thought this was "too scary" and clung to my neck the whole time.  At least she wasn't bawling like the girl in the cart behind us!
This was some wild animal train ride, so we were being the animals. I do love Addy's face, "what are you doing mom?"
Mitch, being the good dad that he is, waited in line for the girls to see Rapunzel for over an hour. I wasn't sure how Addy would react to her because this was one of the first 'characters' we met.  It was so cute because she ran in and gave her the biggest hug and then ran straight back through the door.
She did come back and talk with her for a minute. Here she is telling her that she is three. I wonder if when she really is three, if she'll tell everyone she's four. 

Another favorite ride was small world. One day I'll get her to open her eyes when she smiles!
This was after the ball with all the princesses. I seriously had no idea that they had all these different princess activities at Disneyland. I know it's crazy, but this was the first time we'd been with a kid so we spent lots of time in fantasyland and got to experience it all!
Right before the storytelling with Snow White. I wish I could've heard what they were talking about.


Toontown!! 
 And yes, these kids had lots of sugar on this trip!
Let us out! Let us out!

Exploring in Mickey's house.

And then we finally got to see Mr. Mickey himself! I wish we would've gotten a family picture with him, but those workers are good at getting people in and out fast. So we missed the opportunity.


Addy couldn't decide if this was going to be a "too scary" ride and close her eyes, or a "not too scary" ride and keep her eyes open!
She spent a lot of time on Dad's shoulders (gotta love dad's, I was mean and made her walk) and thought it was hilarious that she could cover his eyes so he couldn't see anything.  
Good ol' Dumbo, this turned out to be Addy's favorite ride. I think it was because she could make it go up or down.  But no joke, it was also usually the longest line in all of Disneyland and we ended up waiting in it multiple times just for her!
By the end of the day, we had wiped her out!

And this was only the beginning of our three day pass that we ended upgrading to a four day pass because we just couldn't get enough!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Wow! All in ONE day?! Holy cow. That's amazing. No wonder she was tuckered out. Too bad there's not someone to push us around in a stroller when we get tired. :)

It seriously looks like you guys had the best time ever.

aLi said...

We just went to Disneyworld in Florida. Totally craziness. Your pictures look so great, I'm a little jealous.
It was so crowded pictures were kind of out-of-the-question!!! We were just trying to stay together, let alone catch any Kodak moments. We still had a nice time, I hope my kids remember parts of it... hahaha.
My kids loved the Toy Story ride.
Luckily we only waited in the Dumbo Line once.
Toon town was CLOSED!!! Bummer!
Anyway, your pictures are great.
:)