Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fun Date

Last night I took Mitch out on a super fun date. I've been wanting to do something fun because we rarely go out unless the parents are paying (love you). So I found a website that has lots of fun and creative dating ideas which got my creative juices flowing and I came up with an idea which I then shared with a friend and together we put together this great date! At least to me it was great.

Toward the end of the week, I emailed Mitch asking him out to "A night for the stars". In which he replied, "What do you have up your sleeve?" but I was good and did not reveal anything else.


So Saturday we started the date with making a creative star out of play dough. Mostly we were just killing a little time and getting the boys in the same place for our next surprise.


I made the sweet little rock star. It had a Mohawk and everything but sadly it did not win. (We had the babysitter judge when she got there)



On to our next event, we had the men walk the red carpet (since they are big stars!) with their sweet sun glasses as the paparazzi (us gals) took pictures of them. It was hilarious.



This is them hiding behind the car when they noticed the neighbors were out in the yard.


We then headed to the cheap theater to watch the big stars of Hollywood in "A-Team". We even gave our guys the star treatment with popcorn, drinks and starbursts.

After the movie we went to the park and did some star gazing. I printed out a constellation map so we would have some idea as to what we were looking at/for. It was a very nice clear night so we had a lot of fun.

I also put glow in the dark stars up in our room with one that had Mitch's name on it. After we got in bed I gave him a Star Certificate(I found one online and then just changed a few things to make it my own) that showed a star had been named after him. It was pretty funny and then the next morning he found his star.

Feel free to use the idea and if you have any other fun date ideas, please share.

1 comment:

Geneve said...

Fun idea! Did you get it from the Love Actually blog? If not, you should check it out. It has lots of other fun date ideas. I haven't used any yet (except for a cute St. Patrick's day treat), because I expect Andy to laugh at me and think I'm crazy the whole time. :)