Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hard Work

I am just going to show off a little of my super duper hard work. This is my flower bed.


It used to be a disaster zone. No joke. Weeds, rocks, chunks of cement, random kid toys, ant hills, huge piles of dirt, etc. When we moved in, it was covered in snow so I wasn't quite sure what to expect, although I knew it would be lots of work.

We raked all the dirt down level (with the help of family-thanks), took out buckets and buckets of rocks, cement, toys and sprayed weeds for a couple of years. Put in the fence and poured cement for the RV pad (just ignore the trailer it isn't ours and will be gone shortly!!!), put in the stepping stones, and then transplanted lots of flowers from my mom. Which I love because it just reminds me of home. Our recent addition was the bark chips which has really helped with the weeds. I still have a few more flowers I want to get but I just add a little at a time.



i

You will find me often just sitting on the stairs of our deck and just staring and admiring its beauty.


It was definitely worth the sweat, strain and hours/years of work.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Wow, Mel! It looks great. I love it! You did an amazing job!! Sometimes when we walk home from church I've been tempted to go look because I've seen lots of colors, but I've never stopped because I don't want you thinking we're weirdos...if you don't already. :D Seriously though, it looks great!

Andrea Livingston said...

It looks great! Way to go!