Wednesday, November 12, 2008

With the face of an angel


We have had a very fun-filled weekend (plus a few extra days) with lots of family, food, games, shopping and well lots of laughs as usual. Thanks again to everyone who came up for the baby blessing it was great to see all of you. For those of you who were unable to make it, don't worry I took tonz of pictures. How can you help it when everyone says your little girl looks just like a doll?






This was a very special day for us. One that I have been waiting for for a very long time. It was weird because it was one of those things that made me realize just how hard it was for me to watch other people bless their babies when I was so desperately wanting one for my own. Back then I didn't realize how hard it was because I would just push it deep down but sitting in church on Sunday while Mitch was blessing Addisyn brought all those feelings back and I couldn't believe it was finally my turn. And for all of you still wanting and waiting to have kids you may or may not have the same sort of experience but wow it will still be an amazing day. It is crazy to think of how precious little babies are, not just to us but also to our Heavenly Father. They just so recently left his presence and I know that he is just looking over them. Hopefully I can do my part as a mom and teach her all she needs to know and do to return back to him someday. Yes, the song "I am a child of god" has a whole new meaning to me.

So back to these beautiful pictures.

This is the dress I made while in college and taking a child sewing class. At the time I was dating Mitch and so he would come sit with me in the sewing lab while I worked on it. I had to make a few alterations because it was ginormous on her but overall I am very impressed with myself!


Aunt Lindsay made this stuffed bunny by hand and it is so adorable.



Everyone who made it up except for Ben and Gail who had to leave early.


And of course a family picture.

5 comments:

aLi said...

Aw, Mel!!! I was smiling the whole time as I read that. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful day with your blogging buddy.
Little Addisyn IS a doll!!! Don't you just want to snuggle her all day long? I am so happy for you Mel. Congratulations. And your family looks awesome! Your mom looks like she's gotten younger, Chelsea's grown up (crazy! I didn't even recognize her!) and everybody else is just as cute as when I knew y'all 5+ years ago. Can you believe how time flies!? Anyway, congratulations on such a beautiful daughter. I am so happy for you!

Deborah said...

Oh my gosh, you MADE that? I am uber impressed. Way to go you.

Your daughter is a doll! I love the smiley pics of her!

Geneve said...

Oh my word, she is adorable! I can't wait to meet her in person. She smiles for the camera too! And that dress is beautiful! I made my daughter's too, but it totally stressed me out. I am not meant to sew. So I am very impressed that you not only did it, but enjoyed it too! :)

Tricia said...

Melanie, it's Tricia (Tucker) from South Weber. I found you from Ali's blog. You have the most beautiful family. That is the most adorable baby girl I have seen in a long time! Does Jamie have a blog? Leave a comment if you can! I'm glad you're doing so well!

Melanie said...

Tricia- Yeah another blog buddy!
Jamie does have a blog and I think her address is jamiejohnson13.blogspot.com
If that doesn't work then I do know there is a link on the side of my blog titled ben and jamie and that is her! She will be so glad to hear from you. I will have to go find you on ali's blog so I can see what you have been up to.