Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Party!

Here is a quick snap shot of Addy's carnival birthday party. I put a slideshow with all the pictures we took at the end of this post so you can look at the one's with all your kids. This was such a great party and I just loved planning it!!!

These were some pictures from our photo booth. This was probably my favorite thing at the party just because it was a fun way to remember everyone who came, or at least those who were willing to be a little silly.


The cake that started off the whole party idea. I saw this is our cupcake book and thought it was so cute but knew we were never gonna have something to make it for...hence the birthday party idea. I know crazy that it all started with a cake!

This was the best picture I have of the food table and backdrop. I'd made a really cute birthday sign but of course I never got a picture of just it so here it is in the background. I also loved the lemonade cart which I borrowed from a neighbor.

Our prize table where the kids redeemed all their hard earned tickets.

This was the entrance to our carnival. I asked Mitch if we should make a sign to put out front welcoming people and he whipped this up in a matter of minutes. Turns out he is quite the handiman.

In front of each of the games and booths, I'd made up this signs on the computer. I was super proud with how they turned out.

One game was the bean bag toss. I found a picture online and then we sketch it out and then painted and cut out the holes.

Another booth was facepainting. These girls were awesome!

The fish toss. I really thought it would be fun to have actual goldfish in little baggies but to keep it simple, we just went for little baggies of goldfish crackers.

The Clown Craft. It was a fun one for the younger children.

Circus Golf.
My mom taught Addy how to hold the club and how to stand sideways, etc. Anyways this gal picked it up so quick. She was a natural and her grandpa would be so proud.

The water squirt game. Check out that bottle holder Mitch made me, pretty impressive!

These were the little bags I put together for each kid so they'd have a place to put all their prizes!

Singing and blowing out the candles on the cake. This was the thing she was most looking forward too. She couldn't wait for people to sing the birthday song. Since the party, she will dance around the house singing it. Yesterday on her actual birthday, I probably sang it 20 times.

We had a special visit from Mitch (he needs a clown name, any suggestions?) the clown! He had no idea what he was going to do so I told him just to go be his goofy self and he would be just fine. I was hoping he would do a little juggling act for us but he decided to pass on that. So he just told jokes and helped pass out the cake and ice cream. He tried to do some balloon animals but all of the balloons kept popping from the heat so that was a bummer.


Opening presents.


This was such a fun party to put together, a lot of work but it was totally worth it. Thank you to everyone who came and showed this little gal some love. We hope you had a fun time celebrating because we sure did!

No comments: