Monday, September 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Addy!

It was about this time (early morning) three years ago that I went for a walk/waddle around the block. We were waiting for the doctor's office to open so we could go find out if my water had really broken. I couldn't sit still so a walk was the next best thing. After a quick ultrasound at the doctor's office, we headed up to the hospital around 9:30am. It was a long and tiring day in which you did not want to cooperate. So at 4:45pm I was prepped for surgery and at 5:15pm you were pulled from my belly with your big brown eyes wide open.
I can't believe it was three years ago. I've already shed a few tears over this fact and I'm sure there will be more to come. You are the silliest and most of the time the sweetest little thing around. You love to laugh and dance and sing. You sing the alphabet song AOPEFGHIKLPTM...pretty much anyway you want. When I try to correct you by singing the right letter, you look at me and say, "I know mom" but you always sing it your own way. The numbers are the same way, 1 2 3 8 9 13, 12teen, 18...and so on. You have at least conquered the colors! For lunch you always want a sandwich rolled up with jam. Grandma even bought you your own little roller so you can, "do it mineself". You still love to dump out all your toys especially all the baby doll stuff. I am told often to "Shhh, baby seeping" while you are busy at play.
You truly are the cutest kid around and I am so lucky to have you as my little friend! I feel so blessed that you chose to come to our little family and I try everyday to be the mom that you deserve. Happy 3rd Birthday my little fancy pants!
LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Happy Birthday Addy!

Melanie, that was such a sweet letter. It made me get all misty-eyed and reminiscent. What a good mom you are.