Friday, September 16, 2011

Boating



One of the times we were down in Utah visiting with family, my wonderful sister in-law's family invited our fam to go boating. I was soooo excited because I love to go out on the boat. We had a boat growing up but it died a long time ago so it had been since high school that I'd last gone. Truthfully, I don't think her parents were prepared for all our craziness. Although with my brother as their son in-law, they might have been a little more prepared than I thought. It was seriously so much fun and I hope they invite us again next summer!

We made Tyler and Chelsea go first on the wakeboard so Mitch and I could watch to see how it is done. I'd only been once before but it was like 10 years ago so I was a little worried about if I would even be able to get up.

Thankfully it was like riding a bike and came right back to me! I got up on the first try and even made it over the wake a couple of times.

Mitch, on the other hand, had never been wakeboarding before so it was all new for him. It took him a couple of tries to figure out how to get up but he did it.

Then he crashed! And that was pretty awesome as well.
Seriously, I can't look at this picture and not laugh. I think if he would've been able to try again later in the day he would've been much better. It takes some time to figure out the balance.

After Mitch's boarding experience we decided to pull out the tube.
This is my favorite part of the boating adventure. I just love a wild ride and this drive was not afraid to give us what we wanted!!
This is Tyler and Chels holding on for dear life.

Mitch and I gave it a try after I'd already ridden with Alex. My arms were already really sore so I kept falling off. After a couple runs Mitch decided to just do it himself.

Alex and Jaquel went with the little girls. As long as we went real slow they liked it.

I think they just enjoyed playing on the beach the most!

Oh and sitting on the boat when it wasn't going too fast!



No comments: