Monday, March 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Recap

I know, I'm a month late. Better late than never, right? Especially since it was such a fun Valentine's Day this year, actually it was more like the whole weekend. Mitch and I started the weekend off by going out (kidless!!) for lunch on Saturday afternoon to my favorite Italian restaurant. We spent the rest of the day shopping and running errands.

On Sunday, Mitch woke up and made pink heart shaped pancakes for breakfast. They were delicious and made us girls very happy!



Earlier in the week I was in a creative mood, so I decided to experiment with another cake. This is what came of it.



Monday morning, which was the actual Love Day, I gave my special valentine this awesome gift for his desk at work.

This picture was taken a couple days after V-Day so some of the treats are missing. Plus I can't remember where I got the idea but it was on someone else's blog so I can't really take credit but it was a big hit.

He also woke up a little early and placed little valentine's around the house. It was fun to find them all as I went through the day ;)

While he was at work, I put together a little secret agent mission for him that I found here. I changed a few things to fit with what I was doing for the evening. I also found a pack of secret agent toys to go with it at the dollar store which made it even more fun! As he was finding all his clues, I was busy in the kitchen putting together a fancy dinner.


Don't you just love my new plates! My parents got those for my early birthday present.

It was a busy day for me and Addy so I think we ended the day watching some Bachelor (fitting for the day!) and just relaxing. But it was lots of fun planning a special day for my valentine because he totally deserves it!!!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I still need to post my Valentine's day pics, but now I'm embarrassed to!

Yes, I love your new plates. Very nice!

Deborah said...

I meant I'm embarrassed to because I didn't do anything fancy like you did.