Monday, February 28, 2011

New Hobby

For Christmas, Mitch got me some different cake decorating books along with some new pans and such. Over the last couple of months I have been experimenting and having fun making cakes and cupcakes for other people. I don't really like making them for us because it is just too much cake for three people plus I don't really like cake all that much so it usually ends up in the garbage. This was the first cake we made for a neighbor boy for his fourth birthday. It was very bright and bold and we haven't used the same frosting recipe since because it was really hard to smooth out.

These were little chocolate cupcakes that I frosted and put chocolate covered marshmellows on top to make it look like a box of chocolates. They turned out really cute.


This was another cake we made for a neighbor for his birthday. He really likes to garden so when I found this in my book, I couldn't wait to make it. Isn't that so fun? Each of those vegetables was hand-sculped and it turned out better than I thought it would.

I have a couple other cakes I am wanting to try out so if anyone is ever in the mood for cake, just let me know!

3 comments:

Bethany Rice said...

Do you want to help me with Ryan's birthday cake in a couple of weeks? I am not wonderful, but I try my best.

Kyra and Ben said...

Awesome. They look great and great.

Melanie said...

Bethany- I would love to help!!! Just let me know when and what you are thinking of doing.