Friday, March 5, 2010

Birthday Surprises!

I know my birthday was a couple weeks ago and I've been meaning to post pictures but I accidentally dropped our memory card in the snow and it took me a couple of days before I found it, so I lost the original pictures. Anywho, here are just a few of my surprises.



Food storage buckets! This was a big surprise. Mitch had them all stacked up with a cute card and big bow on the top but I lost that picture so you get to see them all put away in my somewhat organized food storage area. If you notice, he even got me the good lids! I was/am so happy, it just feels so nice to be getting a little more prepared just in case anything were to happen.



He also got me stackable water jugs- which still need to be filled and put into the garage.

My dad surprised me with these books:





Don't they look like so much fun! My dad knows me so well.


But for the biggest surprise (which came a few days later)...




























A piano bench!!! which Mitch made himself. Isn't it great! Although now he has this dream of having his own wood shop and making his own furniture. I keep telling myself that it is good to dream.

He also made me a chocolate chip strawberry shortcake. It was delicious and I once had a picture but it is now gone so you will just have to imagine. It was real good. Anyways thanks for all the birthday wishes and presents! I had an amazing birthday.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL piano bench! He told us he was making one, and when we got there for cake (which was delicious, by they way!), I was going to say, "So how do you like your piano bench?" When I saw the piano bench you had I thought, "Ok, I'm pretty sure that's not it, but I better not say anything just in case." I'm glad I didn't.:) It's gorgeous!

Geneve said...

What a beautiful piano bench! I love it!

Elise said...

Okay hang on a minute. The piano bench is awesome. BUT--when did you even get a piano? I feel so out of the loop all of a sudden.

Melanie said...

Elise, we got the pian at the end of the summer. It was our neighbors but they moved and gave it to us! Now you are back in the loop :)