Thursday, February 18, 2010

Miss Independant



I've always wondered when your suppose to let your children start feeding themselves with actual utensils. Well that was one easy decision. The only way Addy will eat anything is when she does it herself. I'm not really sure where she gets her stubborn streak from (haha).



I was quite nervous at first because I thought that food would be everywhere and I would have a huge mess to clean up. Apparently she's been practicing in her sleep or something because there was hardly any mess at all. Just look at that concentration.



Occasionally she would miss her mouth and food would slide down her chin and onto the table. It wasn't anything that required a strip down and straight into the bath like I was thinking.



And she is just so happy to be doing it all by herself.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

How cute! :) I've read they should be adept at feeding themselves by 18 months. I hate reading stuff like that because then I feel so much pressure to make sure my child can live up to expectations! Anyway, I think Addy pretty much has that one down. That's not your house, is it? I know it's been a while since we've been over, but I don't recognize anything!

aLi said...

oh she is cute! Wait until you get a boy who would rather play in his food than eat it and THEN you will have the strip down and bath time.
Yay for polite little girls who feed themselves. :)

Elise said...

Those pics are TOO cute! It is time you share her with the rest of the world... come visit us. I can't take you to a football game again (it's not "in season"), but we can do other awesome things... come see us!