Saturday, February 28, 2009

milestones

I know I've said it a million times but I seriously can't believe how fast time goes. My little baby is almost six months and it is so much fun to see her little personality coming out more and more. She is such a mover and that is without crawling(which I am not looking forward to). I will lay her on her belly with some toys and just watch her knock her toys around as she tries to grab them and then slowly scoot her way around until she grabs them again.



We have also learned that we can't leave her in the car seat without buckling it because she arches her back and kicks her legs until she scoots to the very edge and I am sure if I let her, she would scoot all the way out.



Her newest development is that she has started sitting. This has been happening for a week or so but the funny thing is that most of the time she really doesn't like it. I will try and sit her up on the floor and help her get her balance but lots of times she will arch her back and put her head back so that she is straight. I've found that if I put a toy in front of her then she will reach for it and play for a minute before she falls over.



I love this next picture because it just shows her curiosity. One day I was cutting out some papers at the counter and I ran downstairs to grab something and when I came back up this is what I saw:



I guess she was just wanting to help but the funny thing is that she kept reaching for the paper for a couple of minutes and I kept worrying that she was going to flip out of the chair. Pretty soon I'm not going to be able to take my eyes off her for fear of what she will be doing next.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh man, I would have been so scared she was going to fall out! She is a cutie. She has such an adorable smile!

Kyra and Ben said...

She's growing up so well. You have to watch that arching back thing, it just creeps up on you. I use to put Landon in the swing without securing him and one day he was crying and I looked in and saw him barely in the swing (his head and shoulders were the only thing keeping him from tumbling down). Oh, just had to say I loved her little outfit in the picture of her sitting up on the floor. So cute.

The Clews Crew said...

Hi Workmans! I found your blog through Ganae's blog and thought I'd say hi. We have a blog too, but it's private so if you'd like an invite email me at garyzgirl@gmail.com

Addisyn is so adorable. I'm so sorry about all the flooding in your house. My in-laws just went through that while we were there actually. No fun!

theamayzing4 said...

hi friends, your little one is growing to fast. wait untel she starts walking, that is a hole new game.I’m posting a recipe blog for the family you should check it out on my blog, it's on my blog.
Love Ganae