Friday, August 16, 2013

Brayden blessing

We were lucky enough to bless our little man on July 7th which was at the same time as the family reunion.  So lots of family were around to support Brayden on his special day.
I decided to make it a tradition after Addy was born to make all my kids blessing outfits.  When we found out we were having a boy I knew that I was going to have to sew a bow tie to be like his dad.  Then I went searching online for little boy church clothes patterns (which there really isn't much of).  I did find a cute vest on the make it and love it website and went with that idea.  Finding white boyish fabric was also difficult.  I had to go to the fabric store many times before I came across this pinstripe.  After it was all finished I was very happy with how it turned out.  The best part was it fit him since he was so tiny.




Don't they look similar?
Mitch did a great job with the blessing and I really tried not to bawl the whole time so I could remember some of the things said.  Two of my favorites were that he would turn to his family members examples when struggles arose and also that he was blessed to have a keen mind and a tender heart.  It was a great meeting and I even had the courage to stand and share my own testimony of the Savior and the strength I was able to find in His atonement at we struggled to bring this little man into our family. 

This was the sign Ben helped the girls make the day before.

Our growing family...just missing Tyler.



Everyone that came to support.  
This really was a special day for our family.  I am so excited and lucky to be the mom to such a special little spirit.



No comments: