Friday, January 20, 2012

It happened...

So you know how sometimes you hear horror stories about things other kids do and you think, 'oh my kid would never do that'.  Well when I'd hear stories of other kids cutting their own hair, I always thought 'Addy would never do that'.

Imagine my surprise when I walk into the bathroom to clean and find a glob of hair on the counter. My first thought was 'Oh my goodness what has she done' then I tried to calm myself by saying at least it wasn't that much hair so it was going to be okay.     


Then I turn around to clean the shower and I open the curtain to find, you guessed it ...more hair!!!  I couldn't believe it. I was completely shocked that my kid would do something like this but I wasn't all at the same time. It was a strange feeling.
So of course I yelled for her to come this instant and I tried really hard to find patience and when I saw her...I couldn't help but laugh (inside of course because I didn't want her to think it was funny).  I can't even remember what I told her but I really hope this never happens again.   

  So this is Addy's new look.  Pretty great and oh so sad because it was finally starting to thicken up and look so cute. Oh well I guess we just take the good with the bad.



 Later it dawned on me that she'd told me a couple of times that her bangs were bugging her.  And I should've realized that since this is the kid who freaks out when the seam of her socks is poking into her foot(seriously freaks out about that, we have to turn the socks inside out or she won't go anywhere...it is madness) or when her sleeves get stuck in the arms of her coat or if any cloth item is scratchy...you get the idea. So of course she is going to be bugged that her hair is in her face and since mom hadn't done anything about it, she was gonna do it mineself.


3 comments:

Doreen said...

haha ... this is almost as bad as Brielle Clark. (not quite but all most.) ;) glad you got pictures of it.

The LurkFam said...

if it makes you feel better, i did not notice today when i saw you guys. she's so dang cute that it outweighs the chop job.

aLi said...

I thought of you today. My Amelia cut her hair. Not as badly as Addy's... but bad enough. I did the same thing when I was 3 or 4. I tried not to get too upset... hair grows back... it was more upsetting to me that she went from making one mess to another.