Wednesday, October 26, 2011

the BIG girl bed

You know how when you first get married you think you know everything about each other. Then it really doesn't take long before you realize that was not the case. Well, probably about a year ago Mitch told me he has always let me say that again always wanted to have a wood shop. This was news to me. In the 6 years we'd been married I'd never heard anything about wanting to build things. Being the great wife that I am (hehe) I said something along the lines of 'keep dreaming'.

Then just last month, we realized that we were going to need to move our twin mattress into Addy's room to make room for another bed in the guest room. I started looking online for a bed frame that we could get but I just wasn't finding anything that I liked for the amount of money I was willing to spend.

In my searching, I came across this website ana-white.com. It is a wood working site that has tons of different plans and projects of things to build around the house. I started looking at the beds and found a couple I liked so I had Mitch check it out and it was like a dream come true. Next thing I know we are at Home Depot buying wood and then he came home from work with a new saw and the project was officially started.

Seriously, he was in heaven.


While we sanded and painted, this little lady ran around playing and having a great time.

The almost finished bed. Just letting the last coat of paint dry.

The finished product.

We absolutely love it. Now I am just waiting for my new bar stools!! I guess the garage has turned into our new wood shop!

3 comments:

Kyra and Ben said...

I love it. It must be nice having a handyman around. We've been looking at twin beds too since Katelyn will soon be taking over Landon's toddler bed. But I think we'll have to buy ours since we can't really have a workshop at the apartments:)

Deborah said...

Wow it's beautiful!!

The LurkFam said...

Uh, Mitch, do you do special projects for neighbors? You know, ones that live up the long street from you. Just wondering. I love the bed!