Monday, December 20, 2010

Tis The Season

We have sure been busy in our house as I'm sure you all have this time of year. We've had lots of Christmas parties with friends and family, one of which we hosted at our house. It wasn't too extravagant; just a few neighbors, goodies, games and a white elephant exchange. Addy was so excited because she had dressed herself so we left her in this sweet outfit all night. She is really into changing her clothes multiple times a day!


One of the games we played, you had to roll the dice and then if you got a six you had to put on gloves and a scarf and then with two spoons try to open a small candy bar. It was quite humorous to say the least.


It was a fun night and thanks to everyone who came a brought such great gifts! I can't wait for next year :)

We've also spent lots of time outside shoveling snow! I should say Mitch has spent most of the time out in the cold, I've only gone out a couple of times to help. One day we got the whole family out helping and Addy loved playing in the snow. She would pick up a handful of snow off the ground and then put it on my shovel, it was such a great help!
Last Monday night, we put together a gingerbread village for FHE. Mitch and I frosted the pieces together and then Addy helped us decorate it. I love looking at it and seeing all her little clusters of candy of globs of frosting. It makes me happy :)


We've also been busy making christmas goodies and treats for our lovely neighbors and friends. We finished them all up on Sunday but didn't get them all passed out because it got kinda late. But just look at that plate of deliciousness! I love this family tradition even though it takes several days to make all the stuff and Addy sneaks little bits and makes a HUGE mess with the chocolate, it is still great to be altogether in the kitchen.

I also made these little rice heat packs for my YW. I thought they turned out pretty cute.

Amazingly, I still have more things to post but I think this is sufficient for now. Till next time.

Me

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh, where to start...

First of all, I've been to a few of those parties you are talking about, and they were all fun. You guys are so good at having parties! I'm sorry about the dinner party where you were all cramped in our little kitchen. That's not fun, but hopefully the food was good.

Addy is so cute! I love the picture of her grinning in front of the gingerbread houses. We haven't done that as a family yet, so I'm looking forward to it.

Seriously, Sunday night I was so full from dinner but when we got home, I ate about half your plate of goodies...and I'm not even kidding. Why do you do that to me?! I really enjoy it though.

And your rice packs turned out very cute! My neck thoroughly thanks you.

Merry Christmas!

Kyra and Ben said...

You are one busy lady. I love that you guys do FHE. I always use the excuse that I'll wait till the kids get older, but Landon is old enough to enjoy it by now. Merry Christmas you guys. Those shoveling pictures kind of make me glad I am in Tennessee :)

ALLIORIGINAL said...

you don't know me..I am Kimmies mom and couldn't resist looking at your blog which was on Kimmies about the christmas dress...anyway I hope you don't mind but I saw what you gave your YW (the little heat packs ) and was wondering what the note said...it's a good idea....Allioriginal@comcast.net thanks allison smith