Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Snow Fun


While we were in Island Park, we took advantage of all the snow and went sledding a couple of times. The first day we just went down the driveway because there really wasn't a good place for a track. We eventually got a little bored of that and with the help of Mitch and Mike we built a nice jump. In order to get over it you had to be pushed half way down the drive because it wasn't very steep.



Addy loved being outside and she even went down a couple of times on her own. I just laid her on her back and like I said before it wasn't that steep so I just walked behind. The funniest part was just watching her walk because she was so bundled up.





The best part of the sledding trip was when the kids started making a track that was steeper but it went through the trees so you had to be really careful. If you didn't dive off at the end then you would run straight into a tree. Well, Mitch wanted to go down with me so I told him I would as long as he promised we wouldn't hit the tree. With two people you go a lot faster so all of a sudden we see the tree and he leans one way and I lean the other and smack- we run straight into the tree. Since I was the one in front I got a huge bruise on my leg and ended up completely wrapped around the tree. The best part was that it had snowed the night before so the trees had a fresh coat of snow and after we hit the tree, all the snow fell down on top of us. Everyone busted up laughing and thankfully we weren't hurt to badly.

3 comments:

Kyra and Ben said...

Ouch, hope your leg is better. I loved the little hat you made for Addy. Very cute.

The Clews Crew said...

How fun! Hope your leg is feeling better.

Frances said...

I LOVE your craft station!!! It's beautiful! I would have a hard time leaving it!