Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Random Updates

So after being gone for a couple weeks over the holidays, it was very nice to pull back into the driveway and be home. It is always nice to see family but now that we have a kid it is just easier to keep a regular schedule when we are home. Although I am sure that in a few more weeks I will be wanting to go visit again :)



While we were in Utah, my brother in-law works at Kiddie Kandids so we took Addy in to get some updated pictures. It is just amazing how fast kids grow. I feel like we should be taking pictures every month to keep up with her but that will never happen. We definitely got some cute ones of her but we never could get her to give us a big smile, maybe next time.




I love this picture because Addy looks so cute because she is staring at Mitch and Gracie was done with pictures and just wanted my sister to hold her.

Here is a cute video of Addy playing with her new christmas toy from grandma and grandpa. I just can't believe how fun she is getting. If you watch her mouth in the video, she starts doing this sucking action. This is her new thing that she does with ALL toys that she sees because she desperately wants them in her mouth hence all the drool and slobber. She has also started giggling, it is really cute but it doesn't happen very often so hopefully soon I can get it on video.





I know I'm really behind but last night Mitch took me to see Twilight at the two dollar tuesday movie theater(one reason I love Rexburg). We took Addy with us because I'd kept her up all afternoon so I thought for sure that she would just sleep through the whole thing. We learned our lesson because ten minutes after the previews she woke up and Mitch ended up standing at the back of the theater until the last ten minutes. What a great husband I have!



As for the movie, I absolutely loved it. There were definitely parts that were only funny if you had read the book and I obviously still think the book is way better than the movie. But overall I was very impressed with how they stuck to the story line and by the end of the movie I was totally impressed with each of the characters. I can't wait to see what they do for the next book.

2 comments:

Kyra and Ben said...

Mel, I love the cute little pictures of Addy. It seems Gracie is glad there's a cousin to play with now. When did Ben start working there? Also, I know what you mean about wanting to be home after the holidays so that your child can get back on their schedule.

Frances said...

She is so big! I can't believe it! how were your holidays? I loved your card.