Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving in Arizona

This year for thanksgiving we decided to go to Flagstaff and visit my grandparents. We thought it would be a good time to go while Addy was still little enough that the drive wouldn't be so bad. And of course she was an angel baby, I really don't know how I got so lucky!!



On the way down we stopped and spent the night in St. George to help break up the trip and visit Marnie and the kids. Then we went the rest of the way on Wednesday. It was a lot of fun to spend time with all my family, accept my brother Tyler who is on his mission in Spain, and just relax and play together.




Addy slept through her first thanksgiving dinner and then woke up when we were cleaning up.


Thursday we had a great day of turkey and the mixins, a bowling tournament on the wii in which we all got a formal invitation. my grandma had a great comeback, where she got a "turkey" which is three strikes in a row, but she actually got four in a row and ended up tying my sister Chelsea for first place with a score of 202. We were all very impressed with her skills.


These were our invitations to the bowling.


Friday we obviously had to go shopping especially since my dad surprised us all with a little extra Christmas money!



Saturday was spent hiking around Sedona. This is always my most favorite part of the trip. The scenery is just gorgeous and the weather is sooo warm. It was a little different with a two month old but I do think Addy enjoyed herself and will want to go back.





Then Sunday we woke up early and hit the road so we could make the twelve hour drive back home.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Wow, sounds like you had a great time...minus the driving. It's a ten hour drive to my parents. We're never excited for that part, but it's always nice to see family. I can't believe how gorgeous the weather is down there! Did you get anything good on your Black Friday shopping spree?