Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Shoes


I got these cute baby shoes at one of my baby showers and I have been waiting for the day when they would fit and not just fall off. Well the day finally came and I was so excited because she looked so cute and they matched perfectly with this little outfit. Then Addy just kept fussing and I couldn't figure out what was wrong and so I was trying all sorts of things and then finally I took the shoes off and she stopped crying.



A little while later Mitch and I needed to run some errands so I put the shoes back on. She screamed the whole way to the store which was very odd for her. We get out of the car and she is still screaming so I take the shoes off and instantly she stops crying. Needless to say, the shoes went back into the drawer.


Until...today!!

Mitch was incharge of getting Addy dressed this morning because I was heading to Idaho Falls with him to do some shopping and he comes up the stairs with her and her shoes are on her feet and there are no tears. I was amazed and I thought by the time we go out the door she would be crying. I was wrong. She made it all through the shopping and everything and the only time she cried was when she was hungry. So that means the shoes can stay out of the drawer!!!


PS- As for our family picture above, yeah, we did that ourselves! It only took about two hours to get a decent picture and Mitch turned our front room into a little studio. Including moving all the furniture out of the way, rearranging the lighting to give us a softer tone, and taking about 20 different shots. But hey, we got a great picture and I didn't have to pay a professional.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm totally impressed that Mitch went to such lengths to help with the family portrait!! Tyler dug in his heels the entire time until after our 15 minute photo shoot was done. After that he was cheerful because he survived!:) But seriously, the picture looks great. And speaking of pictures, that one with Addy's bottom lip sticking out is so cute! What a face:)

jamie said...

i love the crying face-it has always been one of my favorites -so cute -anyhow oh ya and i loved your headband - how smart to make it out of tights - hahah the pictures are so cute i can't wait to steal her this weekend for a little bit :)

Steve and Allison said...

dad's can do pretty amazing things. i hope you guys are well and addy looks like you so much in those pictures, mel!