Thursday, September 20, 2012

She's Four

It was birthday time at our house again!  Honestly, I feel like we just had her 3rd birthday last week so it was really weird that she was turning 4.  Anyway the night before I blew up LOTS of balloons and we decorated the house with streamers and banners because this little girl was pretty excited about her birthday.  Originally I was going to decorate her doorway and just outside her room but she is in the habit of waking up once or twice a night and I wanted this surprise to wait till morning so we did the kitchen and dining room.

she really liked the crazy shaped balloon!


The night before as I was putting her to bed we were talking about her birthday and she asked if dad and I were going to draw her surprise pictures.  She does that for us on our special days and for friends when they have birthdays so of course that is what she wants us to do for her.  Good thing she said something cause I never would've thought to do that.  So here is her birthday breakfast with pictures from mom and dad!


 We let her open one present before dad left for work so she could have something to play with during the day.  It was a barbie kitchen table with chairs that don't break.

This girl loves to 'make something'.  At least that is what she is always asking to do.  Really it just means cut things, glue things and tape things.  All of which make a huge mess but it is all good for development so as long as she helps clean up (which we are still working on) I usually say 'sure'.  Today it was 'making something' with the streamers.


 She was born at 5:15pm so at this exact moment 4 years before this little gal was being pulled from my belly!

I was so proud of how this cake turned out.  This was my first time working with fondant.  I tried out the marshmallow kind and it was so easy.  I'm kind of excited to try it again.  Plus Addy was able to help me cut out the shapes and put them on.


I hope she made a good wish!


She also requested to go to McDonalds for her birthday dinner.  I really tried to convince her to choose something else because I really don't like eating there but that is really where she wanted so I happily went.  Then we came back for the cake and ice cream and a couple more gifts.  Plus she got to stay up extra late with mom and dad so she was one happy girl on her birthday!

No comments: