Sunday, July 27, 2008

Getting ready to sell

So we've been doing projects all summer long trying to get the house ready just in case we had to sell which turned out to be true. We decided to rip out the pine tree in the front yard because it was just getting too big. My neighbor told me to call Lone Pine Nursery because they will buy pine trees so I did and they came and pulled it out and paid me 200 dollars. Great deal. We still had to fill the hole which I never got a picture of but it was huge. Ted came and helped Mitch take out the old cement landscaping and re-cut it to fit closer around the house. Then a few weeks ago we fianlly put in new sod and now we have a new front yard!








We also stained the back deck which I swear had not been done since it was first built because it took us three days and used so much stain.






In the spring we dug out a small area of sod so we could have a spot for a garden. We planted peas, corn, green peppers, banana peppers, and a tomato. Our peas came in really good and are now ready to be pulled out. All the rest of it is still growing but should be producing vegetables anytime.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good good good......

Andrea Livingston said...

Congrats on the job! I'm sure you'll have no problem selling your cute place!