Monday, November 14, 2011

Adam's Canyon

While we were down in Utah for the weekend, I convinced Mitch to hike up Adam's Canyon with me and my mom.  He really didn't want to go because there was a BYU football game on in the early afternoon and he didn't think we would make it back in time for kickoff. I promised we would hurry so we could make it back.  
 So we started out and I'd totally forgotten just how steep that beginning part of the trail was.  We were panting from the get go while my mom was running up the switch backs.


 It was so pretty this time of year with all the changing colors.


 The bridge marks the half way point! 

 I'd totally forgotten just how steep and rocky some of those places are on the trail.

 Hooray!!! We made it to the waterfall.  Since we were in a hurry to get back, we literally took a couple of pictures and off we went back down the trail.


 Taking one quick break.


This man was a serious trooper. 
We didn't quite make it back in time for kickoff and it was a little more strenuous of a hike than I remembered.  So I'm not sure he is going to trust me and my choice of hikes for awhile.  I'm just glad that we were able to get out and enjoy the fall colors and scenery.


No comments: