Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Livin it up in Texas!

I've been meaning to post about our Texas trip for a few weeks now but just haven't had the time until now so here is a brief summary of our super fun trip over Memorial day. Thursday afternoon I flew into Houston and then we went to Kyle and Frances house for a BBQ and spent the night with them which was really great to see and visit with them after so many years.

Then friday we drove down to San Antonio and went to the alamo and riverwalk which was extremely hot and humid but still pretty neat.



Saturday we went to Sea World with Mitch's brother Brandon and his family and saw lots of shows and I really wanted to go on the rides because I love roller coasters but I sadly had to sit and watch. Later that night we drove to Corpus and hung out sunday and then monday we went to the beach and fried ourselves but had such a great time playing in the waves and building sand castles.


Then tuesday we went to the aquarium and then headed back to Houston so I could catch my flight home which I ended up missing my connection in Denver and had to sleep on the floor at the airport which is never comfortable but especially not when you are 6 months pregnant.

Thanks Kyle and Frances and Brandon, Chrissy and the girls for letting us stay with you, we had such a fun time!

2 comments:

Andrea Livingston said...

How fun! That stinks you missed your flight and had to sleep there! What's ironic is I also missed a flight out of Denver because even though I thought I was plenty early, they wouldn't even let me try to get back to my gate because they said it was so far away I wouldn't make it. Is that why you missed yours too?

Bethany said...

we totally almost went to San Antonio for Memorial Weekend. If we had known you guys were going, we toally would have. Dang! It would have been great to see you guys. Oh well. I'm glad you had fun! If you ever take another trip to Texas, it looks like we are staying here, so you're welcome to stay with us too!